Updated Guide on How to Add Plug-Ins to WordPress?:
Easier way via the WordPress Plug-in Repository
- From your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Search for the plug-in you want
- Click on Install Now and then Activate
The manual way…
I am browsing the web for some plug-ins to add in wordpress. Plug-ins are one of the good features of wordpress, it allows users to add more customizations to their blog without much problems or tweaking in the code / template.
Adding plug-in is in wordpress is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Download the plug-in
- Unzip/Unrar the plug-in into the plugins folder (wp-content/plugins/)
- Activate the plug-in your wordpress settings
So here is my list of plug-ins I added and site resources. I am still looking for more plug-ins. If you could suggest some cool and useful plug-ins, please do so. Thank you!
- Brians Threaded Comments 1.5.9 – Allows people to reply to specific comments made by people.
- WP Ajax Edit Comments – Allows people to edit their own comments after posting it for a limited set of time (which is set by the admin).
- Subscribe to Comments 2.1 – Allows people to follow the discussion on an entry by getting an email every time a new comment is posted.
- Adsense Deluxe – This will put adsense in your blog. It is very customizable and you should try it out yourself. I noticed that this does not work if you put the adsense-deluxe.php in a subfolder, it should be on /plugins/. Perhaps a minor tweak in a code should fix this.
- Contact Form – Allows people to contact me via a form.
- Popularity Contest – Let’s you know which posts are popular (lots of visits and views)
- In-series – This is for those people who likes to blog a series of post such as episode guides, how to chop onions in a 4 part series, 3 pages of application forms and other similar things. It groups those posts so that readers won’t have a hard time finding the next part or previous part.
- Spam Karma – Aside from Akismet, this is another plug-in to fight spam.
- Similar Posts – This plug-in adds links to posts that are similar to what the visitor is currently reading.
- FireStats – This will track your website stats. I tried to install Automattics stat tracker but it won’t accept my wordpress.com API key. I used the same key on akismet and it worked. I wonder what’s the problem.
- SRG Clean Archives – Among the different plug-ins with different interfaces, I like this archive plug-in better. I wonder if it’s better to show all posts or only the posts per month?