Awareness for Leptospirosis – After Ondoy and Pepeng
Ondoy and Pepeng brought floods to the Philippines and one thing that people who waded in floodwater has to take into consideration the health risk in doing so. A disease that can be gotten by walking in flooded pathways is called Leptospirosis.
How to avoid Leptospirosis
- If you can avoid it, do not walk in flooded areas.
- If you have any open wounds, walking in flooded water can be deadly due to infection.
- After walking in flooded water, wash yourself as soon as you can
- Get rid of rats in your area
What are symptoms of leptospirosis
- Discoloration of Eye and skin
- tea colored urine
Local Medicine to buy
It is best to go into a hospital to have a check up just to be sure. Let’s take good care of ourselves and hope for the best.
- Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptospirosis