CDEX Convert Error: Extension of File Does Not Match MPEG Layer Tag. File conversion aborted
I was trying to convert an MP3 to WAV using the program CDEX so that I can embed the sound in a powerpoint presentation when I got this error.
Extention of the file Does not Match MPEG Layer Tag. File Conversion Aborted.
My first reaction was why? Do I have a corrupted MP3? Oh well, let me just download a new copy somewhere. However, I failed to download a new copy thus I needed to solve this issue.
So here is the solution.
- Open CDEX
- Go to Convert -> Convert Compressed Audio File (s) to WAV File (s) F12 and select your “corrupted mp3“
- You will get a song.WAV
- Go to Convert -> Convert WAV Files (s) to Compressed Audio Files (s) F11 and select “song.WAV“
- You will get a song.MP3
- Delete song.WAV or move it somewhere.
- Go to Convert -> Add a RIFF-WAV header(s) to MP2 or MP3 file (s)
- You will get a song_converted.WAV which you can now embed in your powerpoint presentation.
Very easy right? 🙂
Till next time,