How to be a Paypal Verified User?
Getting verified in Paypal is an important step to achieve if you want to continue buying/sending money via paypal.
I only learned about this when I was about to pay my webhost, HostGator, for my hosting plan when I realized I cannot pay anymore because I have exceeded the sending limit and the only way out of it was to become a Paypal Verified User.
Basically this will happen if you want to become a verified paypal user:
- Paypal will ask you for a credit card for them to charge you
- They will charge you $1.95 in your credit card
- Wait for your credit card statement
- Check your credit card statement and see an entry that starts with PP *XXXX ….
- Input the four digit number (XXXX in step 4) in your paypal account to get verified
Easy isn’t it?
This process made me panic before because I only use paypal to pay for my hosting fees. Good thing I applied for a credit card just late January 2010 else I would not have been able to pay for my bills and we can say goodbye to this blog =(