How to Fix/Disable Validating Identify on Wireless Networks?
I just installed a new wireless router and after entering the wireless SSID and password, I’m stuck at the status “Validating Identity”. How do I solve this?
The solution is simple, you just need to untick the “Enable IEEE 802. 1x authentication for this network” tick box (see image above).
You can get to that by following these simple steps.
- Right click on the wireless icon and click on “Status”
- Click on the “Properties” button
- Click on the “Wireless Networks” tab
- Double on the SSID (wireless network name) of your wireless connection
- Click on the “authentication” tab and you are there!
Hope this helps!Other Search Terms
how to validate identity for wireless connection, wifi validating identity