How to renew your Philippine Passport Online?
A guide on how to do Philippine Passport Online Renewal.
For the latest information, please proceed to
As this website contains the latest information.
Philippine Passport Online Renewal Updated Info as of October 2014
So I just renewed my passport yesterday at a DFA satellite office and I’d like to share with you how I did it.
Setting an Appointment
The first thing you should do is to set an appointment. You can either call DFA to do so but I’d suggest to do the online route.
By going through the online route; you can already:
- Decide on which DFA office you would want to go – I went for SM Megamall and the lines were really bad 🙁
- Fill up your application form
- Schedule your appointment
After this, you will receive an email. Be sure to check that email and click on the link to confirm your appointment. That link also contains your application form that you would need to print (3 pages on a long bond paper – 8×13).
Prepare the Necessary Documents
Here’s a few examples of documents you need to prepare. Have the original and a photo copy available
- Photocopy of the first and last page of your old passport
- Birth Certificate
- NBI Clearance
- Valid IDs such as driver’s license; voter’s ID, SSS or the UMID
- Any yearbook – photocopy the cover (where it shows your batch number) and the page with your picture
- Company ID
They don’t accept pag-ibig, voter’s certificate, from what I heard from the document checker.
I only brought my driver’s license and birth certificate; and was still asked for NBI clearance or SSS or company ID. Glad I brought my company ID which the checker asked me to photocopy … that costs PHP 3 per page!
On your Appointment Day
Ensure that you don’t forget about your appointment and be there at least minutes before your schedule. I arrived a few minutes past my schedule and I’m just lucky they still allowed me to go in. Also, ensure that you have eaten because you will be there for a while.
Money to prepare – At least PHP 1,500
- Verification – they will confirm that you do have an appointment
- Document checking – they will review your documents if they are enough or not
- Processing – they will give you an official receipt and cancel your old passport. Decide whether you want it via regular processing (15 days at PHP 950) or express (7 days at PHP 1200)
- Payment – Pay up!
- Encoding – They will encode your details, take your thumbmarks, picture and signature. Ensure that they have encoded it correctly as you would need to go through the same process to have it corrected.
- Courier (Optional) – if you don’t want to return to DFA to pick-up your passport. Pay PHP 120
The long queues (waiting time) are in step 2, 3 and 5.
Wait for your Passport
I opted for courier and regular processing. I’m expecting it to arrive within a month (allowance given as they might be delays due to bad weather).
Total time it took me ~ 2 hours and 30 minutes!
Till next renewal,