How to use Hellcat’s Recover Flasher?
Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher is a tool used easily flash your psp to custom firmware (install, upgrade, downgrade custom firmware). The only time I needed to use it was to downgrade my psp back to M33. My current version was GEN-D3 and I want it to be downgraded to 5.00 M33-6. It may have other uses but for now, this is will just be used to downgrade GEN-D to M33.
Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher Latest Version
No downloads are offered in this blog. This will only guide you once you have the files needed.
- Your PSP is on custom firmware (m33 or GEN-D)
- Your PSP is the PSP Fat (PSP 1000)
Let’s start the guide.
- Download the latest version of Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher.
- Connect your PSP to your computer
- Copy the RECOVERY folder to /PSP/GAME/ folder.
- Download the 5.00 EBOOT. This will have an initial filename of EBOOT.PBP so you will need to rename it to 500.PBP.
- Copy the file 500.PBP to the root of your memory stick.
- Disconnect your PSP from your computer.
- On your PSP, proceed to Game->Memory Stick and run Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher.
- Agree to risk when prompted (there’s always a risk).
- Ensure that the Target FW: = 5.00
- Pick Install CFW (of version selected above)
- Pick reset (format) settings as well – just to be sure
Did it work? Let me know if you encounter issues because this were the steps I did and I didn’t have any problems.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
Till next time,