Kumyoung Vivaus Mini – How to Upload New Songs?
This came from their website. I’m going to apply this and modify it in case I run into problems.
Procedure for Uploading New Song to VIVAUS MINI
Requirements: Any USB Flash Drive – any capacity but preferably 1gb up (except USB with U3 smart Drive)
1. Insert USB Flash Drive to your computer.
2. Create a folder named “200” in your USB DRIVE
3. Download BIN files (Vivaus MINI) from our download page. (Kumyoung Bin Files Location)
3. Copy the downloaded BIN files inside the “200” folder in your usb drive.
4. Remove USB drive from your computer.
5. Power on your Vivaus MINI.
6. Press SETUP button on your remote control, then input your password (default is 1234), a SETUP MENU will appear then press ARROW DOWN Button until you go down to NEW SONG UPGRADE, press OK button, then input password for updating new song (default is 5678) a NEW SONG MENU will appear press OK button to NEW SONG READ.
7. Follow screen instruction by inserting USB Drive at the back of the player, then new song will automatically uploaded.
8. Then Power off your player and remove USB Drive, then Power on again to see list of songs uploaded to your player.
My first attempt failed at step 6 to 7. I inserted my HD into the USB slot and it said it couldn’t find the binary file. “Warning didn’t find binary files. Please power Off and then Remove USB Memory Stick”. I tried it again but failed at the same step. Can’t it read hard drives? Oh well, I need to search for a flash disk then. I’ll update this when I have more info.
I used a CD-R King USB and it still failed me. I was able to get further and it looked promising (it was already uploading,copying songs) until it again failed. I’ll try with another USB stick.
It worked! I just used another flash drive. 🙂
Till next time,