LG Scarlet 32LH70YR is My Dream TV
The moment I saw this LCD TV last year in Rockwell Powerplant, there was an instant “I want this” attraction that sparked deep inside me (drama lol). But I wasn’t really looking to buy a LCD TV that time so that spark just died but lately, I’ve been wanting to buy my very first LCD TV and what do you know, the spark is back.
Before we get to the stats, allow me to explain why I want to have this TV. My main reason is that, it looks pretty cool! It doesn’t have the usual black color LCD TVs have but it has this stylish red color and glossy finish that would make me say, “oooohhhh“. (wipes drool) Now, let us go to the specs.
LG Scarlet 32LH70YR Specs
- 100,000 : 1 constrast ratio
- TruMotion 120HZ – LG TruMotion 120Hz is the best solution, which you can be immersed in the optimized picture which is eliminate motion blur
- Full HD 1080p – LG Full HD TV excels the picture quality and sharpness of the original HD TV technology, delivering image resolution (1920×1080).
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Smart Energy Saving Plus – The backlight control function controls the brightness of the TV, while the Screen off function lets you switch off the screen while keeping the sound or music alive. Stand by Mode 0 functions sets your TV to a power saving mode where Zero electricity is used. Added to these 3 basic power saving functions is the intelligent Sensor function that controls automatically the brightness and the color of the picture in accordance with the brightness and the color of the viewing area as well as saves energy.
- Intelligent Sensor
- Response Time = 2.4MS
- USB 2.0
- SRS Trusurround
- Clear Voice II
- Viewing Angle Degree 178/178
So what do you think of the specs? Hardcore right? (sorry I’m so biased because this is my number 1 choice)
In terms of retail price, the price of LG Scarlet 32LH70YR is PHP 39, 990 but some stores offer a PHP 10, 000 cut when you pay it in cash or straight credit card bringing it down to PHP 29, 990. Online sellers sell this for around PHP 28, 000 or if you are good, you can find these in malls for around PHP 27, 000.
The usual freebies you can get with a purchase of this TV is a wall bracket (around PHP 1, 400).
I’m really curious on the electricity consumption of the Scarlet (minimum 40 watts to max 250 watts?!). I hope when I finally get this TV, I will not cry in electricity fees. ^_^
However, I do have problems with this TV (sad to say).
Problem # 1 – It is an endangered species
I have been hearing that this has been discontinued and stocks are getting lower and lower every day while I day dream not do any action.
Problem # 2 – Weird glitch in lower firmware models
LoL, even TVs has firmware (did not know that) but they said that if your Scarlet Firmware is below 3.26, you might notice lines in your TV which is a bad thing and very distracting. Gladly, LG offers firmware upgrades (some says it is free, some say with a fee).
But, never the less, this is still my number one choice. 🙂
What do you think? 😀