Updated with Solution.
Today, I was trying to burn some of my anime and movies because I’m running out of space but I couldn’t do so because of this error, “Could not perform start of Disc-at-once“.
It could be a lot of things but my first bet would be a bad batch of dvds. How old is your drive any way? Possible causes are:
1. Insufficient Power, you’ll know this if you sometimes get power calibration errors.
2. Dirty Read/Write Lens. Try using a lens cleaner
3. Bad batch. If you’ve been getting this error a lot though then it’s likely not the disks.
4. Burning software. try using CDBurnerXP from download.com if you’re using Nero and see if anything changes.
5. Old drive. Really there’s nothing you can do once it gives. If you decide to go for a repair, it’s usually cheaper to buy a new and better one.
In my experience, I tried burning the same disc on a different burner and it worked. So the one at fault here is my dirty and old laptop burner. I hope this solves your problem.
My only solution so far is to get a new blank cd or dvd and try to see if it gets this error too or not. Once in a while I get lucky and it burns successfully, but of the time I get this message. I’m not sure where the problem lies, is it on my media? my burning software? or my dvd burner?
Anyone else had this problem? Please share your solutions or inputs. Thank you.Other Search Terms
could not perform start of disc-at-once, nero could not perform start of disc-at-once