Samsung Galaxy Y Gingerbread Upgrade to 2.3.6
While I was doing a back-up of my phone yesterday via Samsung Kies, Samsung Kies told me that there’s an update to my phone’s OS (Gingerbread 2.3.5). Still Gingerbread but it was 2.3.6.
Here’s a sample notification that you will see. I just clicked update and this is what it will do…
- Display a license agreement and it will ask permission if it can send a few information about you to it’s server.
- Download the update files
- Update your phone
While doing this, I encountered an error and my phone will just hang. Samsung Kies would say;
PC failed to recognize the mobile phone…
and my phone would be stuck at the “Downloading Updates” screen. I retried this thrice and it still gave me the same error.
I did some research on this and here are the possible solutions.
- Use windows XP instead of Vista/Windows 7.
- Switch to another USB port – I tried this one and it worked!
So now I’m on Gingerbread 2.3.6 and I’m still trying to know what changed? They do say that this is a great performance enhancement to Galaxy Y in terms of memory management and overall performance but I don’t know how to measure that. So far I have noticed that…
- The call and memo icon has changed
Well, that’s it for now. I’m hoping for a Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Samsung Galaxy Y.
Till next time,