This has been an issue that I have yet to resolve in my blog. Ever since I upgraded to wordpress 2.3.1, I have not received the emails that wordpress should be sending me. Here are the symptoms that I’ve noticed for this error.
- WordPress is not sending out comment notifications.
- Those who subscribed to comments, don’t get notifications of new comments.
- No mail is being sent out by the wordpress database backup plug-in.
So what do we do with this error? I have tried different solutions that has been suggested but all I got is a temporary workaround. Although I wanted a permanent fix, as for now a workaround is better.
Here are the temporary solutions that people has claimed to have worked for them. So just try each of one to know which one will work.
#1 Make sure that email@example.com is a real email address.
You can create a new email account in your cpanel. (Ticket 5294)
#2 Remove line 228 from the file wp-includes/pluggable.php.
Remove this line -> $phpmailer->Sender = apply_filters( ‘wp_mail_from’, $from_email );
or you can use a plug-in where you can get from Ticket 5294.
#3 Install a wordpress plugin called WP-Mail-SMTP
Download it here. Configure it to use SMTP instead of the php_mail() function.
I’m currently using solution # 3. I am able to receive comment notifications but have yet to know if the comment subscribers are receiving comments.
More readings for this error:
- A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:Mail sent by user nobody being discarded due to sender restrictions in WHM->Tweak Settings
- SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: