How to Remove Yahoo Messenger IQ Test Virus?
I’ve been getting weird messages from friends lately in Yahoo Messenger regarding this IQ test. A conversation will look like this,
>I just took an IQ test here.. pretty cool
>got a 113 lol… I thought I was smarter than that
>you should see if you can do better than me… if you can ill buy you a drink
>try it… I bet you cant haha
>take it now while i take a shower lol
>ill be back in a few after im all fresh
If you do see the link, do not click the link. It is a link to the virus that will install itself on your computer and you will be the one who’s going to be sending those messages now. You don’t want to be labeled a virus spreader don’t you?
If you are infected, here is what you should do.
- Do not connect use Yahoo Messenger while you are infected – to spare others from the virus.
- Scan your computer (you can use the eset online tool or malware bytes, freefixer, but make sure what you will be using is not a virus in disguise)
- To be double sure, go to forums such as bleepingcomputer.com and ask for help to ensure that the virus is fully removed from your computer.
- Reinstall your Yahoo Messenger (uninstall first, restart your computer then reinstall)
- After everything is clean, change your password in yahoo then be careful in what you click.
Hope this helps and be safe while chatting and don’t be fooled by the Yahoo Messenger IQ Test Virus ok?
Till next time,
AllenOther Search Terms
iq elite virus