How to renew your Philippine Passport Online?
A guide on how to do Philippine Passport Online Renewal.
For the latest information, please proceed to
As this website contains the latest information.
Philippine Passport Online Renewal Updated Info as of Jan 2019
Most of the steps are still the same except for the Payment Part. To prevent fixers on reserving slots, payment is required within 24 hours after you set an appointment. Previously, you will just pay when you are already at DFA.
Setting an Appointment
The first thing you should do is to set an appointment. You can either call DFA to do so but I’d suggest to do the online route.
By going through the online route; you can already:
- Decide on which DFA office you would want to go – I went for SM Megamall due to location and parking.
- Fill up your application form
- Schedule your appointment
After this, you will receive an email. Be sure to check that email and pay your application within 24 hours.
Once paid, another email will be sent with your filled out application form and electronic receipt;
Print these and bring them on your appointment day.
Prepare the Necessary Documents
Here’s a few examples of documents you need to prepare. Have the original and a photo copy available.
For Renewal, you just need a photocopy of the first page of your passport (where it shows your face/details).
- Photocopy of the first and last page of your old passport
- Birth Certificate
- NBI Clearance
- Valid IDs such as driver’s license; voter’s ID, SSS or the UMID
- Any yearbook – photocopy the cover (where it shows your batch number) and the page with your picture
- Company ID
I only brought my driver’s license and birth certificate; and was still asked for NBI clearance or SSS or company ID. Glad I brought my company ID which the checker asked me to photocopy … that costs PHP 3 per page!
On your Appointment Day
Ensure that you don’t forget about your appointment and be there at least 30 minutes before your schedule. I arrived a few minutes past my schedule and I’m just lucky they still allowed me to go in. Also, ensure that you have eaten because you will be there for a while.
- Verification – they will confirm that you do have an appointment
- Document checking – they will review your documents if they are enough or not. They will also cancel your old passport.
- Encoding – They will encode your details, take your thumb-marks, picture and signature. Ensure that they have encoded it correctly as you would need to go through the same process to have it corrected.
- Courier (Optional) – if you don’t want to return to DFA to pick-up your passport. Pay PHP 150 (LBC rate in DFA Megamall)
Prepare for long queues (waiting time) in step 3.
Wait for your Passport
I opted for courier and regular processing. I’m expecting it to arrive within a month (allowance given as they might be delays due to bad weather).
Total time it took me ~ 2 hours!
Till next renewal,