Good news to all blogspot users! Blogger has implemented a feature that before only wordpress users enjoy, and that is to be able to schedule posts!
To schedule your post in blogger, here is what you should do.
- Write your post as usually do.
- After you have finished writing, DO NOT PUBLISH IT.
- Instead, you have to click SAVE NOW
- Just to discover it doesn’t work… -_-
Wait a minute… before you go away and curse me for telling you bogus information, I researched and I got to learn how. I also thought that I was fooled too however, a simple search in Google told me that this scheduling of post in blogger is a relatively new feature and it has not yet been implemented in the normal blogger interface.
So now what do we do?
Simple! All we need to do is to log-in to DRAFT BLOGGER. As I can see it, draft blogger is like a testing area for new features of blogger before they implement it to the normal blogger.
Draft blogger can be found by typing this in your address bar, http://draft.blogger.com/. Draft blogger looks exactly the same as the normal blogger interface however if you observe it clearly, you will see that draft blogger’s logo is a blue colored B.
So now, let us start scheduling our posts in blogger.
- Write your post as usual
- Before you publish, click on post options then set the date/time when you want the post to be published.
- After that, click on publish. If you are successful, you will see this little line.
I just did a little test on a test blog and it works! Now that’s one feature of wordpress that blogger is now able to do. ^_^
However here’s a bug,
- Posts that were scheduled don’t have a permalink. It just links back to the homepage (This bug has been fixed as of February 29, 2008. Source)
Thanks to Yatot by telling me about it. Yatot, now you don’t have to cheat post.
Thanks to blogger in draft blog about telling me why it won’t work the first time I tried it.